SETAC North America New Chemist Travel Award Seeking Nominations for 2016
Ping Sun, The Procter & Gamble Company
The SETAC North America Chemistry Advisory Group (CAG) is soliciting nominations for the SETAC North America New Chemist Travel Award. This award is given to a chemist who excels in environmental chemistry but is not currently a member of SETAC.
About the Award
- Complimentary registration to the SETAC North America annual meeting for the principle investigator (PI) and up to three students, faculty or post-docs
- Lodging for the SETAC North America meeting (up to two rooms)
- 1-year SETAC membership for PI and up to 3 students, faculty or post-docs who attend
Criteria for Nomination
The PI or lead researcher for the grant project can be from government, business or academy. He or she will be responsible for hiring assistants, post-docs and students to support the research. Specifically, PIs must be:
- Conducting research in environmental chemistry
- NOT a current member of SETAC (past members of SETAC considered on a case by case basis with the guidance of the SETAC office)
- Have not been active with SETAC for the prior three years
- Can attend the SETAC North America annual meeting in the year nominated. In 2016, the meeting will be held from 6–10 November in Orlando, Florida.
- Have at least one student or post-doc that can also attend the SETAC North America annual meeting in the year nominated
Nominations, including a short bio and a supporting letter with reasons for eligibility, should be submitted to Ping Sun by 1 April 2016.
Author’s contact information: email@example.com
Return to the Globe